Cast Iron Sculpture Workshop 2017 Iron Pour
We are now accepting 2017 applications.
Sculpture Trails Iron Foundry invites artists of all experience levels to participate in the Annual Sculpture Trails Cast Iron Sculpture Workshops July 2017. Scroll down to Register now.
When: July 2017
Where: Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum will be hosting its Cast Iron Sculpture Workshops on the Museum grounds at the Sculpture Trails Iron Foundry in Solsberry, IN during the month of July 2017.
Workshops will run in July 2017 from Monday to Saturday.
Artists should arrive on Sundays to get set up.
- July 1st-9th intern week – Prep workshop and pour with interns
- July 11th-16th first week
- July 18th-23th second week
- July 25th-30th third week
- July 31st-August 3rd intern week - clean workshop- final intern pour and install
Sculpture Trails is ready to go for the 2017 Cast Iron Sculpture Workshop.
- Openings for 5 Artists a week are offered on a first come first serve basis. It is open to all experience levels.
- Each artist will be invited to put a sculpture in the Cast Iron Sculpture Exhibition. It’s a two-year show on the Museum Grounds.
- A workshop registration fee includes many pattern and flask materials, free camping at the Cliffside Campground and wellness cabin, 24-hour access to the facilities at the Iron Foundry and all the help you need to make your stay a success from the Work Study Artists.Participants are responsible for the cost of their sand at 28 cents a pound and iron at 50 cents a pound this price includes chemicals, waste removal and propane and fuel coke.Food cost is about $60 a week if you join in on the family style dinners.
Regular Registration: January 2nd, 2017 to May 31, 2017 $455 a week
Add a day for $55 each
Fill out the registration form below. Once form is submitted you will proceed to payment.
Thanks to our sponsors!